1. The Challenge starts on Oct. 1st. It's fine to draft a few posts ahead of time (this isn't an endurance test) but please don't start posting until Oct. 1st.
2. The challenge ends on Oct. 31st. If you only get half your posts finished, that's OK - this is supposed to be fun and mutually inspiring, and if it did that for you, count it a success. Come back next year and finish!
3. Please post the ages consecutively. Don't skip an age. That way we can hop to each others' posts and see how others dealt with the same theme. So on Oct.1st, you'll create a post on anything from birth to age 2. (yes, I know this is actually 2 years, but it will avoid confusion later.) On Oct. 2nd, you'll create a post on the age of 2, on Oct. 3. on the age of 3, and so on to age 25.
4. It's OK to skip a day. We have 31 days to create 25 posts. There are built in 'days off.' But don't skip an age. So if you write a post on age 12, then have to take three days off for a family event, when you post again you'll be doing age 13, as though there were no break.
5. Any kind of post representing that age is great. Be inventive. A short memoir, a flashfiction, a poem, a photo with caption, the backstory memory of a character (in your story or from a famous book character you love/hate), an age-appropriate recipe, craft, whatever.
6. Creativity increases in community. An important part of this blog is to meet and inspire creativity in each other. Please visit 10-15 (or more) other blogs doing this challenge on 25 of the 31 days. Please tweet, like, or comment on them. This should take about 20-40 minutes. Everyone wins when we do this.
7. I suggest you post your blog on an age before seeing what others have done with that age. Then, when you check them out afterwards, get ideas you might want to experiment with in future blogs on other ages.
8. Plagiarism is taking an idea or 5-6 consecutive words from someone else's blog and presenting them as your own. Compliment is when you "directly quote" someone's idea or words, and say where it comes from with a link back to the original source, before expressing your own ideas about it.
Example: Jane Ann said "xxx xx xxxxxx xx."(link) That made me think...(your own thoughts).
I'm pumped! I hope you are, too. This should be fun, useful, afford great learning, help us with our projects, and provide interesting posts for all our blogs.
Please sign up with a comment below, giving your name and full blog URL (see example above).
I'd also appreciate you giving me your email address for future notices, either in your comment, or via my "Contact Me" page on this site.
I look forward to getting to know all of you!